Schluter Kerdi Waterproof Membrane is a flexible, sheet waterproof membrane. Schluter Kerdi Waterproof Membrane features a modified polyethylene core with non-woven polyproplyene on both sides to anchor the membrane in thin-set mortar. Kerdi was developed as a waterproofing membrane to be used with ceramic and stone tile coverings. Tile can be installed directly on Schluter Kerdi using the thin-bed method. Other trowel-applied covering materials, such as plaster, can also be used. Schluter Kerdi Membrane is available in custom sizes of 10 sqft – 323 sqft.
Kerdi has been evaluated according to the “Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers, Version 1.1” for California Specification 01350 and found to comply with the VOC requirements. California Specification 01350 is referenced by various green building standards and rating systems.
- Sheet-applied polyethylene waterproofing membrane and vapor retarder
- Eliminates water damage which can lead to mold and mildew
- Features a modified polyethylene (PEVA) core with non-woven polyproplyene on both sides
- Features an anchoring fleece on both sides to anchor the membrane in thin-set mortar
- Ideal for waterproofing in conjunction with tiled surfaces on walls and floors
- KERDI is 8-mil-thick and guarantees uniform thickness
- The 6’ 7” (2-meter) wide roll covers wall area from floor to standard shower head height for fewer seams and a faster installation