Schluter DITRA-HEAT Uncoupling Membrane integrates customizable, comfortable electric floor warming with the same functions associated with Schluter DITRA uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management and support to ensure a long lasting installation. Schluter DITRA-HEAT combines the flexibility of loose heating cables with the ease of installation of mat systems. Heating cables can be placed where heat is desired without increasing the over all high of a DITRA-HEAT application. Tile can be installed directly over DITRA-HEAT, making use of self-leveling compounds no longer required. DITRA-HEAT provides uncoupling through its geometric configuration, which allows for in-plane movement that effectively neutralizes the differential movement stresses between the substrate and the tile. The geometric structure of DITRA-HEAT eliminates the major cause of cracking on the tile surface. The polypropylene composition protects substrates from moisture penetration, which is extremely important in today’s building environment where most substrates are moisture-sensitive. The free space on the underside of DITRA-HEAT provides a route for excess moisture and vapor to escape from the substrate that could otherwise cause damage to the tile covering above, effectively managing moisture beneath the tile covering. When placed on a solid foundation, columns or pillars can support tremendous loads. The same physical principle applies to DITRA-HEAT installations. Column-like mortar structures are formed in and between the studs on the surface of the matting. Loads are transferred from the tile covering through these column-like mortar structures to the substrate. Since DITRA-HEAT is virtually incompressible within the tile assembly, the advantages of uncoupling are achieved without sacrificing point load distribution capabilities.
- The stud structure of DITRA-HEAT is specifically designed to allow for the easy installation of DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables
- Nominal 1/4″ (5.5 mm) thickness minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings
- Self-leveling compounds are not required to encapsulate the cables into the membrane
- Available by the roll or by the sheet to accommodate various room sizes
- Quick and easy to install and few tools are required
- Provides electric floor warming for use beneath tile, stone, or other resilient floor coverings (e.g. LVT)
- Available in rolls of